Vulvovaginal disorders and diseases refer to a wide spectrum to health conditions affecting a woman’s external genitalia (vulva) and vagina.
Although vulvovaginal disorders are quite common, they are most often misunderstood and misdiagnosed. For an accurate diagnosis and effective treatment of your vulvovaginal concerns, it is important to seek a licensed healthcare provider who specializes in women’s health.
Types of vulvovaginal disorders and diseases:
Some of the most common are:
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Yeast infections
- Vulvar pain (vulvodynia)
- Clitoral pain (clitorodynia)
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- Genital warts
- Vulvar dermatitis
- Lichen planus
- Lichen sclerosus
- Vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia (VAIN)
- Vulva intraepithelial neoplasia (VIN)
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome
- Gynecological cancers including:
What is Vulvoscopy?
How does it help with my vulvar care?